Fundraising Ireland with the Wheel and supported by the Vodafone Foundation have today announced the 1st Fundraising Awards for Ireland. The awards aim to recognise exceptional achievement in Ireland’s fundraising community. There are three categories:
The Fundraiser of the Year Award will be offered to the fundraising professional who, in the view of their colleagues or peers, has shown consistent excellence and best practice in achieving high quality fundraising through either their own efforts or their vision and strategy.
The Best Community Fundraiser Award is for any volunteer who has made a major contribution to fundraising, over a long period, for one or more organisations.
The Fundraising Campaign of the Year Award will go to the campaign that best demonstrates significant success and innovation in fundraising.
Nominations close on August 29th and the judging committee is:
- Gerry Loughrey, Group Corporate Responsibility Manager, Irish Life and Permanen
- Jan Mottram, Chair of Vodafone Ireland Foundation and HR Director Vodafone Ireland
- Tina Roche, Community Foundation for Ireland / Business in the Community Ireland
- Sean Coughlan Chief Executive Officer, Social Entrepreneurs Ireland (Chair)
- Siobhán McGee, Centre for Non Profit Management
This is a really exciting development in Irish Fundraising and I hope charities get behind this and nominate.