Of course it’s relevant:
- Adoption for most categories of digital content services doubled from last year, with services such as social networking now at 60 percent penetration and Internet data plans for mobile devices at over 40 percent for respondents globally
- 76 percent of consumers have already watched video on their PC, up 27 percent from last year
- For both PC and mobile video, the vast majority of respondents prefer advertising-supported models as opposed to consumer-paid models, representing huge growth opportunity for the industry
- Close to 60 percent of total respondents were willing to provide information about themselves – such as age, gender, lifestyle or communications preferences – in exchange for something of value
- The 13-24 year old segment owns an average of between four to five multimedia devices
Non profits need to get into this space. If you aren’t sure how check out Beth Kanter.