I came across this on the Engaging Brand Blog and thought it was worth re posting (hope thats ok?)
Social media should be part of a brand strategy for 5 main reasons
- A brand succeeds when it bridges a gap inside the consumers mindset of where they are now and where they want to be….social media can help build that bridge – it can work with the consumers on answering their fears, their questions….lead them from their reality to achieving their visions (being slim, educated, healthy, green, successful etc)
- Brands need advocates to spread the word – nothing better than social media for recommendations, shareability etc
- Brands need to communicate at all levels and to all emotions
- Brands need to listen, not for the sake of it…but too evolve.
- Brands need to be consistent and constant in their consumers lives. RSS allows that opt in approach from the consumer which stops forcing the brand into the consumer’s life.